Do I have an X2 reject? CPU-Z is wrong?

rheteric

n00b
I just ran CPU-Z / cpuid on my system which I built about a month ago. CPU-Z says my core is a manchester. I bought this 3500+ Venice CPU from Newegg. There nothing else to indicate it's a Manchester. Any ideas?
CPUz.jpg

it is a reject X2. X2's are E4, regular venices are E3 and E6. you just got a manchester with half the core disabled.

What should I make of this; bad purchase decision? I think it's a good thing from a performance standpoint, appears to be pretty stable. Could it be unlockable, or is the other core defective? My concern is that this inaccuracy could confuse some programs. For instance, I D/Led RMclock. It doesn't recognize my CPU, "unknown model", "Unknown Core", and revision "Unknown". I was O/Cing for a while, but the speed is fast enough for me at stock. But an X2 would be pretty sweet!

it isn't "bad" by any stretch. i bet it runs pretty cool :p

you won't be able to unlock it, sadly. as far as cpu-z detection goes, you should write an email to the creator of cpu-z, he's a cool guy who's usually quick about getting such stuff fixed.
http://www.cpuid.com/contact.php

(cf)Eclipse said:
it isn't "bad" by any stretch. i bet it runs pretty cool :p

you won't be able to unlock it, sadly. as far as cpu-z detection goes, you should write an email to the creator of cpu-z, he's a cool guy who's usually quick about getting such stuff fixed.
http://www.cpuid.com/contact.php

Have you seen the guys over at XS unlocking the disable cores? Well, it's old news, but still pretty cool. :cool: On that note..yeah, I think it's very unlikely you could enable a core, 'less you stumble upon some AMD genius to help you.

Should be a nice overclocker for you, I wouldnt consider it a bad things its actually a better cpu rebadged and half disabled :)

I have a 3700+ San Diego thats an E4. Is it the same deal as his? I know that the code name is correct, but its an E4 like his.

What does that mean? Is it different on a 3700+?

Back