• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Do I have a dead pixel?

Tin_10

Bad Trader/Returning Ban
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
796
Guys, I just recieved the Hyndai 19" L90D+ 8ms LCD the other day, and well, it looks great!! However, at the middle BOTTOM, about 1 inch or so above the plastic part there is a BLUE dot, but it only shows when the screen is black. I was told DEAD pixels look something else. I was also told that blue indicates the pixel is STUCK, if so what can I do to fix it, I tried rubbing it, but maybe I am doing it wrong or something. Please let me know as soon as you can guys, thanks!
 
Yeah that is what is called a stuck pixel. You can try massaging it out with a soft cloth, but that may not work. If not you are stuck with it and there isn't much else you can do.
 
i have 2 of those, can't get rid of them.

then again, they dont bother me at all.
 
My laptop screen has an intertmittently stuck on red pixel almost exactly dead-center. It sometimes stays on for a few days, goes off, and then works properly for weeks before it becomes stuck on once again. Strange.

In addition, our Samsung 173P arrived with a stuck on red pixel about six months ago. Fortunately, it began working properly a few days later and has not been a problem since. Perhaps you'll get lucky, too, and your problem will just go away. Frankly, I have no idea if what I've experienced is normal, weird, or just plain luck.
 
Yeah, it's stuck or dead pixel. I think the only difference is that one is black and the other is blue or red. It seems to be pretty commonplace for large LCD's. I guess more pixels = more pixels that can get stuck/die.

Be glad it's not in the center of your screen. I've had one on both of my last 2 monitors, but luckily they were both hovering near the address bar of my web browser, so I rarely noticed.
 
Back
Top