• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

do i enable Dynamic Contrast or Disable it

4LC4PON3

DERP!
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
4,230
i have a samsung 2333sw should i use dynamic Contrast or No
 
Last edited:
Personally I can't stand dynamic contrast, but its really a personal choice.
 
No. DC is generally a marketing gimmick that allows manufacturers to inflate the contrast ratio of their monitors. DC is not without issues since it may expose artifacts and may cause color banding. There is nothing like a high static ratio.
 
i have a samsung 2333sw should i use dynamic Contrast or No

Just turn it off and leave it off. You are not missing anything, unless you want your backlight adjusting itself when you do not expect/want it to.

Dave
 
I like it on my Samsung XL2370. It makes games look a lot more vibrant even if the colors are off. I didn't like it on my previous lcds tho so perhaps this model is just better.
 
On all monitors I've looked at up until a few days ago I hated DC. Then I looked at one of the BenQ LED monitors and turning on DC didn't look terrible. Can't really say it looked all that good simply because I was only looking at it for a few minutes in a shop, but nor did it look terrible like every other monitor or TV I've seen.

But yeah, 99% of the time DC is crap.
 
If it looks good to you, use it. I'm not going to not use it just because...........
 
The main reason I enjoy it on mine is it makes the blacks look like real black instead of being washed out.
 
I've always found that DC looks fine for desktop and 2d usage; even movies look nice. But for games it's absolutely atrocious - you notice very unnatural brightness variations, flickering of all sorts. I haven't played with a panel yet that can transition fast enough and enough times per second to make DC a remote possibility for games.

Plus on most lower end Samsung panels I've found it disabled brightness/contrast controls - so if your panel was eye piercingly bright before you turned it down it might be uncomfortable.
 
I have it disabled on my 2233RZ. I do not like how it automatically changes the brightness of the backlight.
 
Back
Top