• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Do extremely mobile < 16" monitors exist?

tokie

n00b
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Messages
46
I'm interested in getting a 15" - 17" LCD which is very mobile in terms of thickness and stand. This will be paired with my mini ITX system since I move a lot.

Does this type of thing exist with decent quality (read: hopefully IPS or decent TN) with 1680x1050 or higher resolution?
 
Update: I got an LVDS 1920x1200 17" laptop screen and will be using it with my desktop.

WwyeQ.jpg
 
Mind sharing what all is required? I've tired with doing a mobile desktop build with an integrated display for a while now...
 
I bought a DVI --> LVDS kit from NJY Technology on eBay. It looks super sketchy, but it works. The kit consists of (i) the DVI input board, (ii) the inverter/power for the LCD, and (iii) a controller board to control LCD brightness. Make sure to get the right board from them, depending on your resolution requirements. Note that you have to use a CCFL-backlit screen for this, you can't use an LED-backlit panel. You should also make sure that the panel you buy is supported by them.

I bought a LG-Philips panel from laptopscreen.com

It is amazing how small this setup is.
 
Any update on this project? I'm looking to do the same, and would love to see how this turned out.
 
Back
Top