Do dvd's look this poor on Lcd's?

Theodore

n00b
When I play a movie, the picture is really small. If I double click the pic it's full screen, but it is REALLY grainy. Do movies look this bad on LCD's, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help

What program are you using for DVD playback? Something better than Windows Media Player I assume? Also, are these original DVD movies (not "shrunk" backups)??
LCD's will inherently look a little more grainy than a CRT monitor or television due to the technology, but it should not look really grainy.
Unless your vision is so fantastic that you can see each individual pixel, and it bothers you.
Please elaborate on your setup.

Andrew

Theodore said:
When I play a movie, the picture is really small. If I double click the pic it's full screen, but it is REALLY grainy. Do movies look this bad on LCD's, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help

Im using power dvd. I don't see how you guys get used to looking at the internet at 1600x1200 or higher. The text is so dang small. Also, games don't look quite as good as they did on my crt.

realize dvds are 720x480...you're taking that and blowing it up to 1600x1200.
theres your problem.

yeah, that's true DVD's resolutions are not made for computer monitor resolutions. I think HD DVD and Bluray will prolly have higher resolutions though. Then it'll look decent on a computer monitor.

dvds are 720x480? i thought they were 640x480. we REALLY need hddvds/blu-rays tech. !!

stopmenow said:
dvds are 720x480? i thought they were 640x480. we REALLY need hddvds/blu-rays tech. !!

Playing TS (transport stream) video at 1920x1080 REALLY shows off the 2405FPW. Once you see video in 1920x1080, you dont feel like going back to DVD or DivX. Ever

stop sitting 1 foot away from your monitor, make it 5 feet and you won't know the difference.

Using fddshow and TheatreTek DVD......very nice and substantial improvement in DVD playback using that guide.......

Back