Jun 26, 2007 #1 F Fee Weaksauce Joined Jan 10, 2005 Messages 116 I read on some sites, the cheaper X-fi's have no hardware acceleration, and are no better then onboard audio. Which X-fi's have hardware acceleration? I want to replace the onboard audio on my EVGA 680i. Thanks
I read on some sites, the cheaper X-fi's have no hardware acceleration, and are no better then onboard audio. Which X-fi's have hardware acceleration? I want to replace the onboard audio on my EVGA 680i. Thanks
Jun 26, 2007 #2 R rcf1987 2[H]4U Joined Aug 9, 2004 Messages 3,759 I can assure you they all have hardware acceleration.
Jun 26, 2007 #3 M Moofasa~ [H]ard|Gawd Joined Oct 13, 2003 Messages 1,571 All X-Fi's have hardware acceleration except for the Extreme Audio. Any other X-Fi card will be fine.
All X-Fi's have hardware acceleration except for the Extreme Audio. Any other X-Fi card will be fine.
Jun 26, 2007 #4 A Audioguy [H]ard|Gawd Joined Dec 22, 2006 Messages 1,244 The X_audio is software based and all the other X-fi have the 20KX DSP processor. -Which is know as the X-fi Processor.
The X_audio is software based and all the other X-fi have the 20KX DSP processor. -Which is know as the X-fi Processor.
Jun 26, 2007 #5 F Fee Weaksauce Joined Jan 10, 2005 Messages 116 So this one has it right. X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16829102006 http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=15853 Sorry i don't know what to look for on the specs
So this one has it right. X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16829102006 http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=15853 Sorry i don't know what to look for on the specs
Jun 26, 2007 #6 M Moofasa~ [H]ard|Gawd Joined Oct 13, 2003 Messages 1,571 Yep that one has hardware acceleration.