Do 1920X1080 plasma TVs exist?

They exist but they are expensive ($25,000+). The one you're looking at downscales because its native res is only 1280 x 768.
 
Is that a good TV, do you think? I could get it for 3.5k. I want a 50" and I want a plasma. Have any reccomendations, maybe?
 
I'd never buy a plasma unless I were rich enough to afford the crazy ones. So I can't tell you to get that one or not, I'd get a DLP.
 
Pioneer make some of the best but they are basically the same as panasonic but with more aethetically pleasing enclosures. Panasonics are a little cheaper and have nice quality but the enclosures don't look as nice. If I were to buy one now I would probably get a pioneer or panasonic. Pioneers are said to have more realistic colors (they don't look vibrant or oversaturated but true to life) so people mistake that for not being a good display.

Personally I am waiting until 50"+ 1080p becomes the norm before I purchase a nice TV.
 
Back
Top