DNS Reverse Lookup and File Shares

Tlafeir

Gawd
Hi,

I am having a serious issue..

I have 120 users who need access to a specific file share on a 2k3 cluster. These 120 users are on a different network (completely different IP Range, different dns servers, etc). Everything works, except when they attempt to access this share via an application, the 2k3 server does a reverse lookup, causing the application to hang for upwards of 20 minutes. Any ideas of how to disable the reverse lookup on the 2003 server?

that does not work. Believe me, it does not work.

The solution was adding reverse lookup entries into DNS for each of the pc's.

They should be creating their own reverse lookup records. You should not have to add them manually. This is assuming you are allowing dynamic updates.

MorfiusX said:
They should be creating their own reverse lookup records. You should not have to add them manually. This is assuming you are allowing dynamic updates.

this is correct

if you are not allowing Dynamic updates on the reveerse lookup zone. You will get the problems you are experiencing.

MorfiusX said:

Exactly.... you don't think they'd make it so you had to do this manually do you?

QJ

Back