DNS Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeK-FX

Limp Gawd
I am looking to move away from Spectrum as our DNS and was wondering what other people use. I am thinking of using GoDaddy as that is who is currently setup for this company for web hosting. I spoke with a local MSP to get suggestions and they want to re-sell me a service they provide telling me that their managed DNS is more reliable than GoDaddy.

Has anyone ever used GoDaddy for DNS? Any issues? Any suggested alternatives?

Been using easydns for years, very happy with the service and support.

I'm not sure it really matters any more, although I'd look for a service that lets you modify the TTLs on the records. Too often, for businesses, I've had to change some records and because the TTL Is hardset by the provider I have to wait for the propagation to finish, possibly causing interruptions in service.

Google Domains does it, as does easydns.

Godaddy is fine these days, in some cases i use my X10 web hosting DNS servers, but not often.

I used to run my own DNS servers. After 12 years I outsourced it to someone else. Now Namecheap hosts most of my DNS entries. So going with GoDaddy if they are your registrar should be fine.

Always plan DNS moves though. Drop the TTL (Time To Live) a week before your planned move. This way you have minimal disruption in services.

Thank you everyone for the information. We decided to go with GoDaddy as we already have web hosting through them and want to try to consolidate some of our services if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back