• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DMIO- Uncorrectable Read Error SATA 200gb

coold8

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
160
Hi,

I have a 200gb Maxtor SATA1 Drive. Recently, I started recieving errors like this, and have been unable to defrag the drive. I tried running chkdsk. It appears that only a few blocks are bad, are there anyway to just shut off those blocks and not let them be written to. I have already formatted a few times and I am out of warranty on the drive. Any suggestions?

dmio: Disk Harddisk7 block 6159679 (mountpoint R:): Uncorrectable read error
 
Back
Top