DLL errors under windows

bob

2[H]4U
Ive been an NT4 fan for years, light and fast as windows 95 and about as stable as windows 2000. Before I get started, let me just say this... If you want to argue with me about how I should switch to windows 2000, dont even bother posting.

ive been poking around on ebay for awhile, looking to replace the two 4x220Mhz compaq proliants I had (proliant 5500's). They were fairly slow, loud, heavy... and my friend wanted them bad, so I sold them. But im now looking more toward the quad 500-700mhz xeon/P3 area, I figure I can get one for under $100.00. Its all mostly as a game server occasionally (older games), and an offline test server for a website im putting together.

But regardless of what im doing with it, Im using NT4 server. My compaq both ran NT4, (occasionally red-hat 7 if I chose to). Ive found that NT4 peforms well, and is stable enough for me.

----------------------------------------

That said, im having issues with it. Everything works great after I initially install. First thing Ive done (both under Vmware and on a real pc) is install apache. To be specific, I used that damned program called "XAMPP" simply because im lazy.

I also installed a bandwidth-monitor program, and an older benchmarking program called "Performance Test" from a PassMark. The software was advertised as working with NT4, 95 etc. Someone told me I needed to install IE 5, which I did.. seemed to fix some software. Apache still works fine, even with the error messages.

Apache/Secur32 at login
SHELL32 error
SHELL32 in system folder
OLE32 error

I know theres some reason why im getting DLL errors with nearly everything I try, but I cant figure out why. Is there any specific reason for this? I never remember having this much trouble a few years ago.

Back