• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dlink router probs

machwireless

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
1,193
I have dlink wireless router along with my vonage router and of course my cable modem.

I have my modem hooked to my Vonage router, then to my Dlink, back to my computer.

When I am connected wirelessly with my laptop, I have no problems with my connection dropping but on my desktop, my connection constantly drops from my Dlink router. What could be the prob?

Is there another way I can hook all this up?
 
I'm using the alternate cfg running modem-dlink-vonage. I would like to use the set up you're using but want to make sure it is solid.

So far the net stuff is ok, but I think I am having odd problems with my phone service now. People on the distant end of calls hear phone tone beeps occasionally.
 
what i did:

modem to dlink
vonage to dlink
computer to dlink

secured my connection and now i have no problems.
 
Back
Top