DLINK dir-655

Jeeptek1

n00b
My Sony Tv was working fine with my Dlink DIR-615,but when I upgraded to the 655 it will not connect to the router. The connection is good ,it just dose'nt like this router. How do manually put in the IP address. I know where to enter it in the TV but can I give it an IP within my range of the router and copy over the rest?

If it is wired you should be able to, I usually put my bravia on Static so its easier to do 'play-to' stuff with it.

Unless the connection is literally bad it should be as simple as adding in a static outside of DHCP scope, but within the subnet (or go static, and then provide a lease reservation for the MAC of the TV) then enter in the subnet mask used by the subnet, your router as default gateway, and whatever DNS you are using (from your ISP, your Router, or some public like googles 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4)

The TV (depending how old) should have a network 'status'/diagnostic to tell you if it can hit the net and lan at that point.

My Sony Tv was working fine with my Dlink DIR-615,but when I upgraded to the 655 it will not connect to the router. The connection is good ,it just dose'nt like this router. How do manually put in the IP address. I know where to enter it in the TV but can I give it an IP within my range of the router and copy over the rest?

Consumer routers are finicky. Most only allow you to create one scope (pre-configured to the last octet) and anything outside that scope requires manual assignment statically. Yes, you could statically configure an IP within that scope. It would probably be a good idea to do that since the TV isn't going anywhere. This would then require configuring in the routers set up page as well as in the TV's settings itself. Alternatively you could double check and make sure that uPnP is enabled on the D-Link 655. That should allow the TV to talk directly to the router and get all the information it needs.

Thank you both for the replies.I tested the connection with my laptop and infact it is good.The TV tests the connection and says it's good but cannot connect. I'll check the uPuP setting and if it still won't connect,I'll try to set it up manually if I'm able to follow your instructions.Thanks again. ooops uPnP

Last edited:
Back