DLink DIR-655 $99 Costco B&M

NeoGohan

2[H]4U
Saw this as I went to Costco an hour ago.
img039.jpg

Pretty damn good pricing.

Got mine for $130 when it was first released. Freakin' stable and awesome router! Many features and love having gigabit ports + wireless N speeds (though I don't currently have a notebook with 802.11n card). :eek:

Nice price.

Had mine a few months. Very fast router, lots of router options, and console friendly.

Excellent router at an excellent price.

I used mine over over a year without any problems. Only real issue that you may run into is if you're using an intel 4965AGN, it won't get the 300mbps that the Atheros cards do, thanks to it only being a 2.4ghz router. 125mbps, but this isn't a Dlink issue, it's an intel/802.11n Rev 2 standard; it'll happen to all 2.4ghz 802.11n routers

Bump for a D-link. Love my DGL-4300. If I had a Costco nearby, I'd snatch this up quick.

I got this for $120 and I just saw it at best buy yesterday going for $150.

Definitely a nice deal on a great routers. Good find OP.

Best router I had so far. I have 3 (2 for home and 1 for the office)

Nice find OP

I've got to say, this is probably one of the worst routers I've ever owned.

I am not a troll and I have more than sufficient knowledge of networks (both wireless and wired), but this router has given me nothing but trouble. The range is poor if using in the mid-level floor of a three story house, it doesn't interface very well with D-Link brand Wifi cards - my roommates and I have tried three different models, all high-end N models, and have extremely poor connectivity even when only three feet away from the router.

We've exchanged the router for the same model three times already and each one exhibits the same issues...even after a BIOS update.

We paid 140$ for ours at BB B&M, 99$ ain't bad for a router in general. If you're going to be connecting to this router using a laptop (about the only way we could get a decent wifi connection) and not using it for bit torrent (the router clogs up with all the connections and slows down browsing and downloading to all other machines, then doesn't delete the connections when BT is closed) I would recommend it.

It's kind of pretty, too, for a router.

Back