Dlink DIR-625 Problems

cburwell

Limp Gawd
Recently the DIR-625 router in my house has been giving me problems. It started on Friday when I went to RDP into my Laptop from a remote location and the connection could not be made. I figured there was a problem with the internet connection, but when I got home all was well with the modem, and all of the lights on the router indicated that things were OK.

I looked at my Laptop and Windows indicated that the wireless network connection had "Limited or no Connectivity". I restarted the laptop and got the same results. My desktops (which are all wired) were working fine. When i tried to access the router (192.168.01) the page did not load. I power cycled the router and the modem (for safe measure) and everything went back to normal.

About one hour later the same thing happened. My bother was not able to get to the Internet from his wireless iMac. I rebooted the router again and everything came back up. After searching the internet I found someone that said that the router's address (192.168.0.1) might be conflicting with another device using the same address, such as a modem. On a lark, I changed the routers address to 192.168.0.2, but the problems continued.

In the router config screen, I saw that my brothers iMac was a "Wireless N" device. Since his iMac was the most recent change to the network, I switched the router to "g and b" modes only. This worked for a while, but a few hours later everything was reporting "Limited or no connectivity", even wired desktops.

Has anyone had any problems with this router? It's only a few years old, but it gets pretty constant use. My fear is that the router is on it's last leg, which would suck since it replaced a Microsoft "B" router that ran with no problems for 4+ years.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Back