Dlink Di-624 and frequent connection issues

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Guys,

Over the last 3 months, I have had frequent connection issues. I can be moving right along and all of a sudden loose connection for a moment. Then it comes back up. It is affecting all of my machines on the router.

I have updated to the latest version of the firmware. Any thoughts?

My di-624 did the same thing. I replaced it with a linksys wrt54g and not a problem since.

jordan12 said:
Guys,

Over the last 3 months, I have had frequent connection issues. I can be moving right along and all of a sudden loose connection for a moment. Then it comes back up. It is affecting all of my machines on the router.

I have updated to the latest version of the firmware. Any thoughts?

What does D-Link support have to say about it? They're idiots for the most part, read off of books, but you might be able to get it RMA'ed and eliminate a possible hardware issue...

The DI-624 has plenty of self-rebooting issues. The people over at DSLReports' D-Link forum have been trying to track down the issue for months. Some say it's due to the unit overheating when placed vertically, and that you have to use the included plastic stands to mount it sideways, thus cooling its underside and eliminating the problem. Others say you need to use a certain firmware version with a certain configuration--lowered transmit power, Super G without Turbo, and an alternate channel like 5 or 11.

Personally, I've tweaked everything I can on my DI-624, and it continues to reboot. I think it comes down to the fact that it's a consumer-grade router that isn't certified Centrino-compatible.

Get a WRT54G. Amazon has them for 43% off. I'm grabbing one within two weeks.

Terpfen said:
The DI-624 has plenty of self-rebooting issues. The people over at DSLReports' D-Link forum have been trying to track down the issue for months. Some say it's due to the unit overheating when placed vertically, and that you have to use the included plastic stands to mount it sideways, thus cooling its underside and eliminating the problem. Others say you need to use a certain firmware version with a certain configuration--lowered transmit power, Super G without Turbo, and an alternate channel like 5 or 11.

Personally, I've tweaked everything I can on my DI-624, and it continues to reboot. I think it comes down to the fact that it's a consumer-grade router that isn't certified Centrino-compatible.

Get a WRT54G. Amazon has them for 43% off. I'm grabbing one within two weeks.

Last time I checked D-Link had full centino compatibility.... I belive they are advertising it on their site.

QJ

I've never had a problem with my DI-624. What revision do you have?

I had similar probs with my dlink but I flashed it to a newest bios all my probs went away. Stay clear of the wrt54g it has its own plethora of problems.

Back