DLink DI-604 Question

conundrum

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a DI-604 router for free from a friend, and was wondering if this network setup would work

I already have 1 DI-604 that is used for everything, wnat I wanted to do is use 1 DI-604 for just a router, and use another one as a DHCP server, both would be connected to a switch so no load would be going through them. I couldn't see any info on D-Links site on whether the router can operate as just a DHCP server or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Conundrum

Yes it will work just fine for a DHCP server. Just plug in one of the LAN ports to the switch (you'll need a crossover cable if not autosensing). Make sure to disable the DHCP service on the other so you don't have two DHCP servers conflicting.

Of course, all DHCP clients will have their gateway set to that router, but if you're not using an internet connection on the network, that won't make much difference.

YES! that it work for 2 D-Link Router with D-Link Switch easy steps first cable mobem ethernet plug in to switch, then switch 1 ethernet plug in to WAN 1 router and switch 2 ethernet plug in to WAN other 2 router. done set up all, go ahead first setup wizards 1 router also 2 router too that it...
But understand not it work for DSL there weird.

Back