DL'd A Firefox Theme, Now How to Install?!

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
Some things really do work better for the programs you pay for.

I downloaded a theme for my new Firefox browser (yes I have switched from IE) and now I'm scratching my head off 'cuz I haven't the faintest how to install it!

Please keep in mind that I have never used anything open source before and am more-or-less blundering my way through.

Any assistance would be wonderful because I am getting very frusturated indeed.

Thats kinda wierd. I have about a dozen themes that all installed after download.

Did you go:
Tools
Themes
Get more themes
download selected theme

It should auto install and then you go to tools-themes-(select the theme you want)-apply.

Hope that helps.

IIRC, you can install it just by clicking on the link to the theme. Or once you dl it goto Tools->Themes. Firefox has had alot of revisions, and is just now 1.0. Some themes will only work with certain versions.

I always go to Tools>Themes and drag the .jar file onto the window that pops up. Then highlight the newly installed theme, click Use Theme, and restart FF.

the problem is... the *.jar file shows up in the dl box... but not in the themes box. for some reason, it's not recognizing it as a theme.

what do i do?

Works for me, using 1.0. I click on the "Install now" link and the Themes window pops up and downloads it.

okay. all i'm getting is that it's in the download window. i can open it (which does nothing) or i can remove it. what do i do?

software is software whether it's open sourced or costs you three thousand dollars.

norky said:
software is software whether it's open sourced or costs you three thousand dollars.

indeed... but the number of headaches it gives you shouldn't be as much if it's got the hype of firefox...

Try posting to the mozilla forums. I am sure you will get more useful advice.

ok... closing this thread to make a new one in the mozilla forum...

will post a link to the new thread as soon as i (1) figure out where the mozilla forum is and (2) make the thread.

ummm... can someone point me towards the mozilla forum :D

never did this before, that's all...

oh... duh... i was thinking you meant there was a mozilla forum on [H]...

I'm not gonna go through the bother of registering with them and all that... need to go to bed soon.

*idea* could i simply drag the dl'd *.jar file from the desktop into the themes box?

my idea worked. i've now got the noia eXtreme theme!!!

w00t!!!

thank you everyone for helping me out.

Back