• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DJ Rig - Serato Scratch Live

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
4,102
A friend is looking at lappys for professional work but I know f-all about it.

The specs on the app (bottom of page) recommend 1.5Ghz, Win 7 etc. and stress that it's a bare minimum and recommend more RAM for large libraries.

I'm thinking netbooks are out and something sturdy is desired.

Money is his problem but he sounds like he's looking for a deal. The specs are easy to meet but I'm not sure if the run-of-the-mill Dell Inspiron is sturdy enough for daily transport and potentially the occasional bump/drop.

Any DJ's out there have recommendations?
 
Definitely not the cheapest option but I see a lot of DJ's using Mac Pro's. Inspiron should be fine... Just because he's DJing with it doesn't mean he's going to be tossing it around. I had an Inspiron that lasted me for 5 almost years of heavy touring.
 
Back
Top