DJ Application

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I am planning to buy an M1 MacBook Pro 16. I have apple music, youtube music and Amazon music subscription. I want to use my MacBook for DJ Application. Is there a way I can use the music downloaded from these subscriptions in my DJ App?

You usually need to be pay for music to use it in applications. DJ Application is probably the worst DJ name ever, btw ;) Also, as a heads up, you probably need to pay licensing for music you play at a show.

You usually need to be pay for music to use it in applications. DJ Application is probably the worst DJ name ever, btw ;) Also, as a heads up, you probably need to pay licensing for music you play at a show.
I am not using it commercially. I just want to use it in occasional parties that i organize in my house.

I had to organise a xmas party a few years ago. We had a DJ in our group who said he would do it for £250! I had seen what a DJ constitutes nowadays and its just hitting play on a playlist. Had he been a full 80's style Technics DJ I would have considered it.

So instead I created a 8 hours playlist of songs on Spotify. The songs were important as most of the crowd were GenX so it was 90% 70's and 80's dance hits. The other guy would have played all the latest stuff and most of us would have gone "what's this shit?"

I also bought a Behringer USB audio interface (to hook to my 10 year old Dell laptop as people make a habit of slopping drinks around laptops at parties) as that gave decent phono outs to the PA system. It also had more output and cleaner signal than the laptop audio. Spotify was set to offline mode, the tracks downloaded (we were in a cellar with no signal), crossfade set to the 13 seconds maximum, random mode, Hit play...walked away.

Worked perfectly! People loved it. DJ guy looked really annoyed. Success. But you have to take into account the age of the audience and appropriate music if you want it to work. Stuff that resonates with them. But you know that.

I did buy some DJ software but Spotify with full crossfade did the job just fine. I was able to just go out and drink and dance for the rest of the night.

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-Phono-UFO202-Audiophile-Interface/dp/B002GHBYZ0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3G8D6ZVSL4Y5E&keywords=behringer+usb&qid=1668878206&sprefix=behringer+us,aps,159&sr=8-3

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I had to organise a xmas party a few years ago. We had a DJ in our group who said he would do it for £250! I had seen what a DJ constitutes nowadays and its just hitting play on a playlist. Had he been a full 80's style Technics DJ I would have considered it.

So instead I created a 8 hours playlist of songs on Spotify. The songs were important as most of the crowd were GenX so it was 90% 70's and 80's dance hits. The other guy would have played all the latest stuff and most of us would have gone "what's this shit?"

I also bought a Behringer USB audio interface (to hook to my 10 year old Dell laptop as people make a habit of slopping drinks around laptops at parties) as that gave decent phono outs to the PA system. It also had more output and cleaner signal than the laptop audio. Spotify was set to offline mode, the tracks downloaded (we were in a cellar with no signal), crossfade set to the 13 seconds maximum, random mode, Hit play...walked away.

Worked perfectly! People loved it. DJ guy looked really annoyed. Success. But you have to take into account the age of the audience and appropriate music if you want it to work. Stuff that resonates with them. But you know that.

I did buy some DJ software but Spotify with full crossfade did the job just fine. I was able to just go out and drink and dance for the rest of the night.

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-Phono-UFO202-Audiophile-Interface/dp/B002GHBYZ0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3G8D6ZVSL4Y5E&keywords=behringer+usb&qid=1668878206&sprefix=behringer+us,aps,159&sr=8-3

The parties that I will organize in my house will be like in house socials, where I will play mostly latin dance music and Kizomba. So its not 70s or 80s stuff. I have a big playlist of these songs in my youtube music app.

If these DJ apps uses only Mp3 music. Is there a way to download MP3 songs legally?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back