DIY Marble Madness

HardOCP News

[H] News
And I thought installing shelves in my kids room was hard, check this thing out! The sound of that thing would drive you crazy after about three loops but you know the kid doesn’t mind.

At first, I would get a headache from the constant racket, but then it would become like a ticking clock and put me to sleep.

What a cool project, great dad! I know the mom didn't do it, if a woman did it, the marble would have fallen off on step 1. ROFL... :D

Reminds me of the guy who does this with metal and ball bearings...and I don't have the link right on hand. Someone find it for me!

someone has some serious wood working skills. I doubt those were off the shelf parts.

Excellent wood working AND creativity. Very impressed

yeah family project that I would use to my advantage. personal time with the wife - send the kid in to play with the marble machine. sometimes noisy time occupiers can be good ;)

while cool to watch once on youtube there is no way in hell i'd want that noise maker in my house.

I'd imagine you would acclimate to the sound after a little bit, and it might even be comforting to sleep by. Either that or the nightmares would last all night. MAKE IT STOP!!!

OMG that is awesome! And proof madness and genius are sides of the same coin.

i saw that on Kotaku earlier

that is indeed bad ass

that kid is lucky to have a decent father.

bad ass, that thing is awesome!

That's pretty cool. I have to imagine it's good for the kid too. I mean, something to draw their developing and curious mind. I figure is how engineers are made.....now watch the kid turn out to be a lawyer or something totally disconnected from what I just said. I just know stuff like this used to fascinate me as a kid. Still does, to an extent, today--Just without the mystery.

That's pretty cool. I have to imagine it's good for the kid too. I mean, something to draw their developing and curious mind. I figure is how engineers are made.....now watch the kid turn out to be a lawyer or something totally disconnected from what I just said. I just know stuff like this used to fascinate me as a kid. Still does, to an extent, today--Just without the mystery.

that's kinda how I turned out, now instead of all of those professions, I wanted to be a gangster :eek:

A very cool Dad indeed to do something like this with his son. I did build a tree house with my son, but a project like that would take many months of free time work and my boy would most likely get bored before it was completed.

Back