DIY Film Developing?

Hinokagutsuchi

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if anyone here knew of a place where I could get the chemicals and such needed to develop my own pictures. I'm fairly sure my mom has the equipment to do so, but there's no place around here that sells the chemicals for a fairly decent price. Also, if anyone knew of a good tutorial, that'd be nice too.

Good Morning,

Get this book Kodak Darkroom Guide B&W You should start with black and white because the chemicals for Colour are expensive, and harder to deal with, you need tempratures to be very persise, and you need a good environment for the developing. Now as to where to get the chemicals, you can try B&H Photo and see what they have. I would suggest you start with some chemical from Ilford, as this is what I started with. The procedure is very easy, but you need the right equipment.

Try here for a fairly good tutorial, but I still suggest you take a look at the first book if you are serious.

Cheers,

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I as well would recomend B and W Photo for the chemicals, and by all means only stick to black and white for your own stuff. Color is no fun, from first hand experiance.
Black and white film developing is boring as hell, so unless you shoot a lot and can save a lot of money by doing it yourself. I wouldnt really recomend going out and buying everything needed. Unless all you need is the developer, film fixer, orbit bath, and photo flow. Just pay for someone else to do it.

Thanks for the advice. I do take a lot of pictures, and I'd like to at least try developing my own, even if they are B&W. I'll definately check out the book. Thanks a lot.

Back