Right now I have a pair of 2.1 Altec Lansing FX-6021 speakers, which I like very very much. I mostly use them for music, with a bit of movie and gaming on the side. I've been thinking of getting a 5.1 system but the available options don't excite me very much. The low end creative offerings sound crap, and the high end logitech (z-5500) and klipschs are out of my reach at the moment.
So a solution I came up with is to 'build' my own surround system, buy buying another pair of 2.1 or 2.0 speakers and possibly a centre channel speaker, and hooking them up to my sound card outputs - front/rear/centre.
How would this setup work out?
So a solution I came up with is to 'build' my own surround system, buy buying another pair of 2.1 or 2.0 speakers and possibly a centre channel speaker, and hooking them up to my sound card outputs - front/rear/centre.
How would this setup work out?