divx web player problems

f00b

Limp Gawd
I have been browsing a tv link website recently since I just moved and don't have a TV yet. I have found that lots of episodes are DIVX files that require you to have divx web player to play.

After following the links and installing, the files still give me an error, saying the content cannot be downloaded. I figured it may just be a broken link of the site, but the videos on stage6 (any) and the sample on divx's site won't play.

Has anyone had this problem with the webplayer? I am currently halfway through the season of prison break and I am jones'n for the rest, but the format switched to divx.

(no, torrents aren't an option, the net I use doesn't have the open ports required for torrents and they won't open them)

This is on my MBP in case that matters.

i forgot to add, the webplayer doesn't work with safari or firefox

any takers?

have you tries uninstalling and reinstalling it? I have problems with it, it make all my windows stay on top, but at least it plays on any of the browsers I've used, Camino, FF, Safari.

i've installed it several times.

now its started crashing FF and Safari when it tries to load the video.

I am clueless, everything else I do on this machine is flawless

well, the player is very buggy for me, crashes randomly at times, and it uses a lot of processing power
but it works fine for me in Camino and Safari, try it with another video, it crashes on certain videos for me sometimes

Back