divng into SCSI, need a nice cage or case, what should I get?

HRM

n00b
OK, I eneded up with a 15K fujitsi 73G drive and all of a sudden I what to dive into SCSI.
In the beginning I will just use this one drive for files, but as time goes on I will add to the setup. I am needing a SCSI card, a cage or external case and this is what I am asking about.
I have been looking at both internal cages and external boxes and was wondering if you SCSI gurus would help guide me the right way. If you could do it over, how would you set things up.
I am not rich, but I hate buying things twice, so while I dont' want the best mamba jamba setup, I certainly would spend extra to get a proper setup rather than save a few bucks and have to (or at least want to) upgrade after a short time.
Even though I have one drive now, I think I would get 4 bays minimum and maybe 5. I want to buy somehtign once and never (theoretically) need to buy the same thing again.
THe drive I have is SCA so I think I would go with 80 pin backplane. I like the case idea with it's own power supply. I was thinking of somehtign like this, but it is the cheapest I can find and that always worries me.

http://www.censuspc.com/product.php?productid=641&cat=71&page=1

or maybe internal like this.

http://www.censuspc.com/home.php?cat=75

External seems easiest to move to a new machine, which I do fairly often.
It doesnt' need to be super sexy as long as it is going to get the job down reliably. I would not be against making a case myself it it was good enough and much cheaper.
What do you guys think I should get? Also, where should I get it. I also need a RAID card so I could buy them both. If anyone had used stuff, I would consider buying it also as I don't mind scratches and love to save money. I may be new here, but not new online, so that would not be an issue.
Thanks in advance for your helpful ideas.

Nevermind.

I know this has been asked a lot and I help out in other forums so I know how it gets after a while. I decided on a Supermicro 4U Rackmount Server Chassis +420W PS-SC742S.

It was a fresh pull and seems to be fine for my needs. At $177 shipped I thought it was a good value. THe PSU might be a bit small, but I can upgrade that easily enough. I still need a good card and probably will get an adaptec, but with this new case I might start from the board up. I am looking at a 1 channel, but I want the ability to add to this at will so I might end up with something a bit over the top for now.
Basically I am still researching and can use some guidence on why I should spend more for a card at this point than I really need. I hate upgrading and would rather start out on the right foot.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back