ditched w/c got true

woppy1

Weaksauce
a few days ago my pump failed for the second time in my watercooling history so i decided to ditch it and get a true.im suprised and quite happy with it aswell, i knew i wasnt going to get to 3.8@50c load but i have managed 3.6@50c load and after a bit of curing of the as5 i might be able to push a few more mhz lol

So are you saying that you wasted alot of money on wc parts for nothing?

not really no i have had 2 good years out of it but there is also the maintance to take care of as well where as air cooling there is no maintance am now stable @3.75ghz @51c

You need to blow dust out of an air cooled setup every few weeks if you have a high air flow case.

thats only if you use dyed stuff. If people would just use distilled water and some nuke or the silver coil thing, they'd be fine.
QFT..I broke my loop down last month after it had been running for a solid 18 months.......it was as clean as could be....
The only reason I took it apart was to add a NB block to it...refiled it with distilled water a few ml. of anti freeze and some PT nuke and I'm good to go..

thats only if you use dyed stuff. If people would just use distilled water and some nuke or the silver coil thing, they'd be fine.

yup, I just use distilled and some anti-fungal drops from the pet store and I've had clear clean water for some time. just get colored tubing if you want color, dont mess with dye and its no worries

QFT..I broke my loop down last month after it had been running for a solid 18 months.......it was as clean as could be....
The only reason I took it apart was to add a NB block to it...refiled it with distilled water a few ml. of anti freeze and some PT nuke and I'm good to go..

Anti freeze? So if I absolutely wanted color, it'd be acceptable to use something like a 1 to 9 mix of Pentosin G11 and distilled water. Or is it still preferable to use straight distilled with PTNuke or silver?

Anti freeze? So if I absolutely wanted color, it'd be acceptable to use something like a 1 to 9 mix of Pentosin G11 and distilled water. Or is it still preferable to use straight distilled with PTNuke or silver?

I honestly don't know if Pentosin has any antibacterial properties...I have heard that the Glycol itself does, but I don't know if its true..
therefore I use the PT nuke and just a bit of Mopar long life anti freeze..... it gives a very slight orange color...and I only chose the Mopar because I get it free..;)

primochill clear ftw.

ive gone 18 months without touching my loop except to blow out my radiator.

Back