Disturbing article about copy protection and rootkits

That is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read...I was nearly vomiting...how could these j*rkoffs from the music companies be doing stuff like this. I for one am proud to not have purchased a cd since 1997. I hope their revenues plummit and they all get gonorrhea.

Bye-ee

thats crazy, not that it really matters, i havent baught a cd for quight some time, most of the techno i listen to id free to download

ffs! when will it end, some noob hacks together some bad code together and wham a major distributor distributes it. Reminds me of the days you'd get viruses/malware on magazine cover cd's.

drizzt81 said:
the legality depends on the EULA that you agree to. If the user is not shown one, then it is not legal. Very interesting article. it's time to see whether the CD's I bought recently are acutally usable.

From the article:

I checked the EULA and saw no mention of the fact that I was agreeing to have software put on my system that I couldn't uninstall.

It'd be interesting to see what exactly the EULA says. He seems to be implying that the EULA stated that software would be installed but ignored the fact that it couldn't be uninstalled without advanced knowlege of Windows internals.

Sounds illegal to me. The music industry has probably paid off enough politicians and judges that they don't have to worry about being prosecuted, at least in federal court.

Hopefully the get sued, for billions. Maybe there's a few honest state attorney generals that will take them on.

Which is exactly why I haven't been buying music in the past few years ( neither have I been stealing any ).

The industry is run by a bunch of crooks, but it's still their product. If I want it, I play by their rules. If I don't like the rules enough, I won't want the product.

I suggest you folks do the same and not buy music from RIAA members. Let them dig their own graves.

Back