• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Distorted Output

tsname

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
97
Hey all, I have a problem with my speakers distorting. I've been having the problem for a few months and have only gotten worse. I have an MSI K7N2 Delta motherboard, I'm using the on-board sound card which is a RealTek ALC650. I'm using an Altec Lansing 221 speaker system.

When the distorting got worse, I bought new speakers, thinking that would work, however that was not the case. I went to the volume control program and lowered the Wave level to about 50% and that seems to have fixed my problem (should've thought about that earlier :rolleyes: ). Now, I still like my old speakers, so I guess I'll return the ones that I bought, but should I spring for a new sound card even though the distorting seems to have been solved? Would it be an indicator of a sound card that's gonna poop on me? Thanks in advanced.
 
Now, I still like my old speakers, so I guess I'll return the ones that I bought, but should I spring for a new sound card even though the distorting seems to have been solved?

That sounds like a good plan to me. :)
 
Back
Top