• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Displays for Quadro FX 3400 users

Caiphus

n00b
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
6
I am considering the Quadro FX 3400.

What kind of displays would you recommend for optimal picture quality for digital\analog video editing?

Alternatively, what kind of display would you recommend for 3d gaming?

- Cheers
 
I have an HP xw 8200 workstation with a single 3.4 Ghz Xeon processor, 800 mhz FSB with 2 GB ECC DDR2 400 mhz RAM.

So far, I have only found a couple of monitors that can display 3840 x 2400 and only at 24 Hz, via a dual-link TMDS DVI-I connection.

On the one hand, I want a monitor that has a low response time and high refresh rate at native resolution for video pruposes, but I would certainly like to have a monitor that can take advantage of the beef the FX 3400 brings to the table.

I am also torn between two 20" displays at 1600 x 1200 or a single larger display. The Viewsonic VP2290b has a 50 ms response time (I believe) which is ass for video playback.
 
Caiphus said:
So far, I have only found a couple of monitors that can display 3840 x 2400 and only at 24 Hz, via a dual-link TMDS DVI-I connection.

What is it like at 24Hz? When you said monitor, you mean LCD right?


I am also torn between two 20" displays at 1600 x 1200 or a single larger display. The Viewsonic VP2290b has a 50 ms response time (I believe which is ass for video playback.

the 50 ms viewsonic sucks. Go w/ the single larger display. I'm thinking of getting the FX3400 too. As soon as I make some money, and as soon as there is reviews on the upcoming 30". but it will go to a DC7000 instead of your HP series Prof. station. I hate those, way too noisy. The CPU Cooling inside is good, the design is excellent, but regardless of how good they are, I can't stand the noise of those 500W+ PS.
 
Back
Top