• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Display 'Wobbling'

Pugger

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
220
Hey guys....

Its buggin me know so i gota ask...

I have a BFG 6800 Ultra OC (stock speed) running at 1280 x 1024 Screens res on a 19" CRT. Im running Nvidia BETA driver (67.02?!).

The Problem is that the Screen Wobbles ever sooo slightly kinda like the corners of the desktop are shimmering...

Neone know what this is and how to fix it???

Cheers Guys AGAIN lol

Pugs :)
 
change the refresh rate on the monitor.. try 85hz.. or what ever it lets you try. This can also be cuased by faulty electrical wiring in your house.. I have a light in my house that when ever I turn it on my screen will steadily flicker until I turn it off... but at 60hz I dont get the flicker... I hate 60hz refresh on a CRT tho.. annoys me. My LCD at 60hz is fine and no flicker.

Go to desk top.. right click and go to properties, go to settings tab, click on advanced button, then you should see the supported refresh frequency.

Good luck!
 
Pugger said:
Hey guys....

Its buggin me know so i gota ask...

I have a BFG 6800 Ultra OC (stock speed) running at 1280 x 1024 Screens res on a 19" CRT. Im running Nvidia BETA driver (67.02?!).

The Problem is that the Screen Wobbles ever sooo slightly kinda like the corners of the desktop are shimmering...

Neone know what this is and how to fix it???

Cheers Guys AGAIN lol

Pugs :)

Hate to tell ya, but your monitor could be on the way out. I have had two monitors go out on me, and they both started like that.
 
dont say that mate.. its only 1 month old :(

Bumped the Refresh from 60 up to 85... seems ok just now :)
Hope 85's ok with my eyes :)
 
Pugger said:
dont say that mate.. its only 1 month old :(

Also, if it is getting interference that is bad enough to cause wobbling, it could be causing perminant damage to your monitor.

You might try it out at a friends house to see if it does the same thing. Then you could at least rule out improper grounding or bad electrical system.

How old is the wiring in your home?
 
Refresh rate at 85Hz is much better than at 60Hz. Most people get headaches and eye strain from running monitors at 60Hz. As far as the wobbling is concerned, is it constant and stays on, until you switch the monitor off then on again? If it does that, then the monitor might be on it's way out. Usually something explodes inside and then you will hear sparks and smoke coming from the vents and then the monitor will not turn on again. I've had 2 of them go out like that. If it is a really fast shimmer and only happens occassionaly, then it might be a video card problem.
 
Yeah.. 60hz is awful.. seemed like anything with a light background would flicker at me.. 85 is easier on my eyes.
 
I had the same problem, except two months later I found the solution. My bass speaker was to close to the monitor.

Is there anything by your monitor that might cause it?
 
Pugger said:
dont say that mate.. its only 1 month old :(

Bumped the Refresh from 60 up to 85... seems ok just now :)
Hope 85's ok with my eyes :)
Lower refresh rates are what is bad for your eyes. Higher = better. Real life is like 1million Hz refresh rate.

My monitor does the same thing, but the problem is due to dirty power at my home.
 
Maulenstein said:
I had the same problem, except two months later I found the solution. My bass speaker was to close to the monitor.

Is there anything by your monitor that might cause it?

Yeah, I had that. bottom corner of the screen nearest the bass would move with it. Only had to move it a foot or so further away. Also I get "wobble" while in bios but not in windows...no biggie.
 
Pugger said:
Hey guys....

Its buggin me know so i gota ask...

I have a BFG 6800 Ultra OC (stock speed) running at 1280 x 1024 Screens res on a 19" CRT. Im running Nvidia BETA driver (67.02?!).

The Problem is that the Screen Wobbles ever sooo slightly kinda like the corners of the desktop are shimmering...

Neone know what this is and how to fix it???

Cheers Guys AGAIN lol

Pugs :)

Had the exact same problem with my Phillips 19" 109B, really pissed me off because the screen was only about 4 months old. Sent it in for repairs which got rid of it. However I still have this problem where there is really bad moire that I can see depending on what game im playing and the brightness of the screen (is awful in battlefield), I dont know whether its because the screen is screwed or whether my GF 4400 is on the way out. Anyway its the last time i buy a Phillips
 
check ur monitor with ur old videocard... just make sure to set the same refresh rate
 
Having two monitors next to each other or a monitor next to a TV could also cause that exact problem.
 
Cheers Guys,

This is why i like this Forum.. Every1 helps everyone :)

It seems content with sitting at 85Hz and no wobbling, strange it done it at 60 but ach well!

Cheers again guys.. :)
 
Hey guys, I just moved into a new house for school and I got my computer/speakers and everything all set up and my monitor is wobbling like crazy @85 mhz refresh rate, which is what I usually have it at. 60 is the only setting that my monitor doesn't get the "wobble".

I've always set it at 85 at home and never had any problems, do you think I'm pretty much just SOL w/ bad electrical interference or is there anything that you can do about it? Thanks in advance
 
Electrical interference is my guess. I have old wiring in my house and if a lot of appliances are running at the same time, I get the same kind of screen wobbling you are describing.
 
Ya, my monitor (997DF) wobbles ever once in a while for a few minutes and then quits. I think it must run in samsungs product line. I'm gonna try and get a refund on my monitor anyways because it had really bad bleeding with white on black (like the scroll bar and [H]ard|Forum page). I cant see this in games but it really pisses me off when I'm just browsing.
 
I have always run at 60 hz. Actually now that I have a new comp 1280x1024 can only use a refresh rate of 60hz b/c my monitor is pretty old.

Whenever I use the pencil sharpener near my monitor the screen goes crazy. Something like what other people have said could be the prob.
 
I have this problem as well... Turns out that there's something electrical running through the wall that's interfering, because I can turn my monitor around and the wobble will go from one side to the other. I've gotta check to make sure the ground is OK in the house's wiring. You might want to do the same.
 
Back
Top