• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Display shutting off after 1-2 seconds

Phandalyon

Guest
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
5,839
Hey, having problems with one of my LCD monitors. It is a Sceptre 17" LCD. What is happening is that when you move the mouse or hit the keyboard to come back from screen saver or even any other time the monitor is supposed to turn on (like at startup) it will flash on and for one to two seconds and then just go black. In the brief time it is on the picture is fine, but it refuses to stay on. I have tried it on 3 different computers. The power indicator stays solid, it is just the screen that freaks out. I assume the monitor is just dying, but does anyone have a different idea?
 
OK, well I think I am just going to order a new monitor tonight. I think I might go 19" anyway.
 
Back
Top