• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Display Problems

Th3Boss

n00b
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
6
Not sure if I should have posted this here or somewhere else but for the last month or so I have been having an issue, I don't remember if this happened from a windows 7 update or from a Catalyst Control Center Update but once it updated it changed my resolution and anything I do to try and change the resolution for my computer or games I have the issue as pictured below.

Specs (nothing ever overclocked):

Windows 7 64bit
Acer H243H monitor (Connected Via HDMI)
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Video Card


Catalyst Control Center has my display at 1080p @ 60 Hz
Windows is set at 1920x1080
Video Game as pictured below is at 1152x864

If I change any of the settings on any of them my display looks like pictured below.
How do I diagnose and fix this issue?


What I see:




Print Screen:

 
I would do a proper re-install of drivers for gpu
using catalyst manager uninstall graphics drivers and such
driver sweeper to clean remaining driver registry hits
reboot
install new drivers

That is some terrible looking lined screen, I would try the drivers first as I mentioned, and do make sure your desktop etc is set to run it at its proper resolution/Hz levels.

I do not know what game that is, but that looks like wicked bad scaling(like old nintendo games or something e.g NTSC type look) or wicked artifacts, which can happen, its hard to tell with that picture though, as the second picture looks fine if a bit dark.

I know I recently had one of my monitors cracked its screen(LCD) and I had a similar looking cracked/rainbowy type look that I noticed there.

In cat control center turn off Morphological AA, Vsync, tripple buffering and Texture format options, maybe this will help.

Also what drivers are you using for the GPU. I know AMD recently did Catalyst 12.11 beta 8 which was supposed to help in some regards, myself I actuall ywent back to cat 12.8 drivers for my 7870 and my brother who is using a 6870 is using cat 12.10 drivers without issue.
 
Thanks, I just got it finally.

Someone said to try a roll back on my video card drivers and it worked. Never thought to try that, I tried reinstalling the driver but not rolling it back.

Game is Eve Online btw.
 
well a roll back is a great concept :p

But I highly advice to do a proper driver uninstall etc before getting new ones especially when it comes to drivers for graphics cards and make sure to get them directly from AMD or Nvidia, not from M$.

Glad to hear you got it working again :)
 
Back
Top