• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Display Price Trends

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
6,020
I'm looking for charts like this:

1-s2.0-S0148296399001137-gr2.gif


...but for displays of various types/sizes (CRT, LCD, LED LCD, Plasma, OLED, etc...) across a larger span of time (per year would be fine enough). I'm just curious, for historical purposes, but also for predicting when a certain screen type/size might be at a certain purchase value in the future.

If no such graph exists, do any of you know where I can get info on average prices for these so I can create my own?
 
I try to google these things every once in a while, but can't seem to get the right set of keywords. I found this though:

chart_lcd_tv_top_large.gif
 
...but for displays of various types/sizes (CRT, LCD, LED LCD, Plasma, OLED, etc...) across a larger span of time (per year would be fine enough).

Too many variables.

I'm just curious, for historical purposes, but also for predicting when a certain screen type/size might be at a certain purchase value in the future.

When (and if) either (or both) of OLED and 4K monitors hit the mainstream will probably change the whole current pricing setup to something unrecognizable. One or both of these will occur over some completely unpredictable duration of time which may be a lot sooner and faster than the cynics think (within 12 months) or a lot later and longer than the optimists think (5 or more years).
 
Old computer magazines(PC Magazine, Byte) are great source material for trends and prices.
Check your local library or the publisher for back issues.
 
Back
Top