Display Port vs DVI

Kusanhagi

Weaksauce
So, I have run my dual monitors with dual DVI and now DVI and Display Port.

With my main monitor running Display Port (dual ASUS VE278Q) I see no difference in performance or color.

Wasnt DisplaPort supposed to show more or better color? Am I doing something wrong?

Wasnt DisplaPort supposed to show more or better color?

no. your display shows the color. displayport and dvi are just the interface, and unless your monitor was limited by the interface before (and it was not), then changing interface won't change the color

No, displayport in no way displays a "better" image than DVI.

Displayport is being implemented for a number of reasons.

-It is royalty free (makes hardware cheaper)
-You can add extra monitors by using a hub, somewhat USB style, instead of having to add more ports somehow.
-It shifts some of the final image processing from the graphics device to the display, potentially decreasing the cost of graphics devices (but potentially raising the cost of displays).

But for individual displays when you have both options available, there is no advantage over DVI, and in fact DVI is in many cases less problematic.

I ran into some confusion about displayport and 120hz

Displayport is a popular choice for 120hz because it has enough bandwidth. Dual-link DVI also has enough bandwidth for 120hz. Single-link DVI does not, and neither does HDMI unless you're talking about the newest 1.4b HDMI standard which most devices don't support yet.

am I stupid or is there no advantage to using DVI/PisplayPort vs DVI/DVI

Did you even read the post above you? He pretty much explained to you what DVI and displayport does for you.

Unless your output devices are outputting more than DVI can handle bandwitdh wise, displayport won't help because there is no bottleneck to clear.

Back