Display issue

Conflict

n00b
I have a desktop running the X1300, single DVI port gpu. I have 2 monitors connected via a dvi splitter cable. They had been in this configuration for some time.

Yesterday, the computer was moved and when turned on, the 2nd screen was displaying green as the dominant color.

I've swapped cables and the splitter without success. Both monitors are fine on their own.

Any ideas?

Hmm ... that is weird. It sounds like a driver issue to me. When you say you swapped cables, do you mean you tried some new ones?

Try reseating the card and also check the port on the card to ensure no dust bunnies got jammed into it.

Re-seating the card as cortexodus suggested may work. I had to re-seat my sound card because I bumped it when I installed some new fans.

Sounds like one of the pins on either the monitor or the vid card is jacked up. Try plugging the screen into a laptop or something else with VGA output.

Sounds like one of the pins on either the monitor or the vid card is jacked up. Try plugging the screen into a laptop or something else with VGA output.

Monitor is good, I will try reseating the card/checking pins on card

Monitor is good, I will try reseating the card/checking pins on card

is it only one monitor in particular? IE, if you were to unplug from the Y cable, and swap where each monitor was, would the issue be on the same monitor that it was before?

You have a bad connection somewhere, it is not a driver issue. start from scratch and you will find the cable or connector thats loose. It could even be a solder on the videocard itself. bent or missing pin could be the problem. You didnt put it close to a loud speaker, did you? Magnets used to do that to CRT's, as old as that computer it that might be it if you have a crt.

Back