Display Issue - Random split second black screen

delita

[H]ard|Gawd
Having an issue that I can't quite diagnose with my screen going black every once in a while. It just started a day or two, randomly (without any rhyme or reason) my display (which is a Samsung 4k TV) will go black for a quick second and then come back. It's not a display driver crash, it's almost like the computer going to sleep for half a second (which it's not) and then the screen immediately comes back. Anyone ever experience this and can shed some light on why and how to fix?

My TV does this if something surges on the same circuit. Also a Samsung. Happened with my LED and Plasma.

Example, my AC kicks in and the picture goes back for a second or so and back. It's pretty weird.

My TV does this if something surges on the same circuit. Also a Samsung. Happened with my LED and Plasma.

Example, my AC kicks in and the picture goes back for a second or so and back. It's pretty weird.

That's pretty weird, and could definitely be it. I'll have to watch for it.

Hm, just happened again, split second black, then it was back. Wasn't at the time of AC cut on, can't really think of what else it could be.

Pretty sure its the cord. It actually totally went out today and I unplugged it from the TV and plugged it back in and it came back on.

And I'm running a Titan Xp

If you go on the samsung forums, a lot of people have random black screens even with consoles and other shit connected, and Samsung is very slow to come up with any fixes.
It seems Samsung quality control has been real shit lately.

I have this problem with my brand new un43mu6300.
Mine is not a cable issue.
From what I can tell, it's just bad QC or bad firmware. Sometimes the automatic firmware updates can fuck up the TV. Maybe you got a fw update recently. I made the mistake of updating my fw.

I bought an expensive hdmi Monstercable for shits and giggles, and the same random 1-second blackouts occur on all 3 hdmi ports. Sometimes the blackouts occur in succession within a short time frame.
The TV even auto rebooted a couple times randomly.

I just bought another smaller un40mu6300, and I skipped internet setup, so it can't auto update the firmware.
Hdmi1 port could not get a handshake with my laptop, and flickered like crazy.
hdmi2 port so far has been stable, no blackouts, knock on wood.

The exact same setup would result in frequent blackouts on the 43mu6300..... which is odd, considering the internals are the same between the 40" and 43".

I'm really afraid of being a longterm owner of samsung products.

Back