scottykyzer
n00b
- Joined
- Oct 19, 2012
- Messages
- 2
I just upgraded my computer and am surprised by a visual effect that I'm finding it hard to describe.
The best I can say is that the frames are "jumpy" or "stuttering".
The frames are rendered BEAUTIFULLY, but it seems like frequently, several frames are simply skipped.
I have three videos that I took and uploaded to YouTube to try to illustrate the issue.
Is this a display issue? This is my first time gaming on an IPS monitor.
I've tried with VSync on and off. The effect is effectively the same with either setting (if there is a difference in frequency, it wasn't detectable by me).
I also connected the monitor with both DVI and DisplayPort and didn't see a noticeable difference.
Video 1: Most noticeable around 00:10
Video 2: Most noticeable around 00:11
Video 3: Most noticeable around 00:06
(I tried compressing the videos to load them to YouTube. The quality of the image is poor in these videos, but not in reality. However, the jumpiness is captured fairly well).
The best I can say is that the frames are "jumpy" or "stuttering".
The frames are rendered BEAUTIFULLY, but it seems like frequently, several frames are simply skipped.
I have three videos that I took and uploaded to YouTube to try to illustrate the issue.
Is this a display issue? This is my first time gaming on an IPS monitor.
I've tried with VSync on and off. The effect is effectively the same with either setting (if there is a difference in frequency, it wasn't detectable by me).
I also connected the monitor with both DVI and DisplayPort and didn't see a noticeable difference.
Code:
System specs:
Windows 7 x64
Core i7-3770K
16 GB RAM
1 TB SATA III
nVidia GeForce GTX 680 2 GB
1920 x 1200 on ASUS PA248Q IPS
770 W Power Supply
Video 1: Most noticeable around 00:10
Video 2: Most noticeable around 00:11
Video 3: Most noticeable around 00:06
(I tried compressing the videos to load them to YouTube. The quality of the image is poor in these videos, but not in reality. However, the jumpiness is captured fairly well).