• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Display Help

ElevenFingers

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 30, 2008
Messages
194
I've been using an Asus VH222H with an HP Envy 14 as my primary display for two years when I'm at home which is most of the time. I've been using the HDMI cable that came with the screen. This morning when I went to my laptop the screen did not turn on. The most common message I would get after turning on my screen was "VGA no signal". Once it read "DVI no signal" but never "HDMI no signal" which I found odd. I also cannot access the menu of my screen.

I disconnected my laptop and its screen works fine. I went to class and hooked up my computer via usb-vga to the school's screens. When I came home I tried it again and it didn't work. When I would plug in the HDMI at either end my laptop screen would go black like it always has but the light remains orange and the screen dead. It took me a while to have the screen and laptop connected with the laptop screen working. In control panel >...>screen resolution I see that my computer detects the screen as number 2 but it remains a grey box visually. I checked to see if any pins were bent or dirt was in the connections but they looked clean.

Now, I think the next step is to try hooking up my laptop to another screen and another laptop up to my screen. I may have to get my own usb vga adapter for my screen if it's just the hdmi that's dead.Have any of you encountered similar issues? Is my screen most likely just dead/in need of some hardware repair?
 
Back
Top