• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Display arm for a 2405 Dell ?

Sneak

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
299
I posted this in one of the 2405 topics but that probably isn't the place for it. I want to get a mounting arm for this display. Heading for a clear deck. But I want to be able to move the monitor all around including pushing it back and up a bit to get it out of the way.

I have searched and read some threads here but nothing turned me one way or another. I am going to post a couple of links of things that caught my yey. If anyone has any experience with them or has any advice or recomendations about any arms, I would love to hear them. I believe the Dell 2405 FPW weighs 15.9 pounds without the stand.

Here's the links from arms I found interesting.

http://www.atdec.com/netscape/html/articulated_single.html

and

http://www.ergotron.com/3_products/flat_panel/LX_arms/default.asp
 
I ordered the Spacedec arm with through the desk mounting and the quick-release VESA plate. It should be pretty slick. Something has shipped, but since it's only 2 pounds, I'm guessing that it's only the mounting plate. It's a horserace to see which gets here first, the monitor, the arm, or the 3m DVI cable. :)
 
I'm sure there are many makers of LCD desktop arms out there, but how many of them can hold the weight of the 2405FPW (7.0 kg / 15.4 lb) without giving in to the weight. I'm hoping people will contribute any capable arms they see on the net or have ordered for their 24" monitor. I, personally am hoping to find a model that is very flexible in an upright or extended position and isn't too bulky, as i have a wall right behind my desk. Here is the best looking option i have found so far, but I'm not sure how well it would work...
https://store.ergotron.com/learnmore.aspx?productid=207

anyone with others?
 
This is good stuff. I am still torn but in no hurry. Seems the Ergotron 300 with extension has a lot of range. My biggest concern looking at arms is I want at time to raise mine up pretty high and back to get it out of the way completely. On most I see I can only raise it a max of about 17 inches to the center of the monitor off of my desk. Sure would like more.

That Atdec arm with the post seemed like it could be adjusted up. Can't find anything on it.

Ding,
Did you get yours yet? Be curious about and hands on opinion with that thing. How high can you raise that 2405? And...where did you buy it? :)

I too would like to see anyones person pics with arms if you have any. That might tell the tale. :cool:
 
Sneak said:
I have searched and read some threads here but nothing turned me one way or another. I am going to post a couple of links of things that caught my yey. If anyone has any experience with them or has any advice or recomendations about any arms, I would love to hear them. I believe the Dell 2405 FPW weighs 15.9 pounds without the stand.
Well, if that actually is the weight minus the stand then the ergotron neoflex should just about do it (max 18lbs).

I don't have one, so don't take my word for it, just happened to see it mentioned in another thread a while back and it's a sexy (and relatively cheap!) wee little beastie ... :)

edit: oops, see it's already been mentioned. That'll teach me to follow all the links already in the thread :)
 
how much for the ergotron neoflex? can't seem to find a price.
 
LxT said:
how much for the ergotron neoflex? can't seem to find a price.
Well, the actual ergotron website has it listed at $99.99 at https://store.ergotron.com/productslist.aspx?startCount=0&pageNumber=1&CategoryID=24

It may be cheaper elsewhere, who knows? Googling etc will, I'm sure, work wonders :)

On that same link, btw, you can get a "Compatible Monitor?" link... clicking through you can select manufacturer, model, etc. Apparently the Dell 2405FPW may well be compatible with the arm, with them claiming a monitor only weight of 15.4lbs and a monitor and base weight of 22.1lbs.

edit: the photo gallery makes it look extremely nice :D
 
The impression I've got from a couple people who posted about the arms is the the official rated max weight is sometimes a bit optimistic... The Ergotron Neo Flex is cheaper and looks nicer than the 300, but even though it officially holds up to 18 lbs, it'll be nice to see a report of someone actually using one with the 2405.

Anyone care to take the plunge? ;)

--Adam
 
adama0 said:
Anyone care to take the plunge? ;)

--Adam
Anything for science! If somebody wants to ship me a neo-flex and a 2405FPW I'll be happy to take a week off work for some intensive testing.

I mean, it'd be tough but somebody's got to do it and I'd be willing to make the sacrifice... :D

Seriously, though, I'd think if somebody did rely upon those official figures and then busted a very expensive monitor, a manufacturer would have some explaining to do ... :)
 
The Ergotron 300 is the best arm, I have one and my 2405 is on the way. Don't get the cheaper Neoflex arm unless you don't mind not being able to adjust the monitor back and forth. On the 300 arm, there are many more options you can purchase. Such as, an extension arm (or two), groument and desk clamp mount or wall mount. You can also get multiple monitor mount on one arm etc.. just browse through the site and you will see the endless setups they have, it's comprehensive. Then go to Ebay and buy it for 1/2 price.
 
exe said:
The Ergotron 300 is the best arm, I have one and my 2405 is on the way. Don't get the cheaper Neoflex arm unless you don't mind not being able to adjust the monitor back and forth. On the 300 arm, there are many more options you can purchase. Such as, an extension arm (or two), groument and desk clamp mount or wall mount. You can also get multiple monitor mount on one arm etc.. just browse through the site and you will see the endless setups they have, it's comprehensive. Then go to Ebay and buy it for 1/2 price.
OK, I'm confused. Looking at the neo-flex it looks like you certainly can adjust the monitor back and forth. They've even got a cutesy gif : http://www.ergotron.com/3_products/flat_panel/neoFlex/images/neo-Flx-XT-motz3.gif


... though, personally, for my dual 2001FP's I thought I might take a peek at the deskstand 100 range :)
 
My bad, you are correct. I guess the only difference is the weight limit and color (300 comes in black or beige/grey). There is also the HD series that will handle even more weight than the 300 series.
 
anyone willing to tell me how you screw in the ergtron monitor to the stand? the manual says its all a 20min self inttall but i dont wana juggles me dell 2405 about. sounds way to risky.

if anyone is after one keep an eye on ebay, i nabbed mine for £60 brand new no0t bad considering they cost £250 here
 
Tanquen said:
MyPC.jpg


2405FPW X 2005FPW baby!
what arm?

and did we ever find out for sure if the Neo-Flex will work with the 2405FPW?
 
check on my thread. in the middle of the page1, itll mention the differances.

i have the 45-174-300. nobody reads my review :(
 
Liquid_Cooled said:
check on my thread. in the middle of the page1, itll mention the differances.

i have the 45-174-300. nobody reads my review :(
yeah I saw it just while ago, sorry
you said you removed the extension, do you think it would be strong enough with it?

and would it be possible for you to reupload those pics?
or e-mail them to me?
I really want to see what it looks like

thanks
 
Jasonx82 said:

Thanks, I worked hard getting the wires through the wall and want to do the same for the phone just to get it that much more clean. I was able to find some 16’ DVI, USB and power cables so I can move the arm all over the place but most likely never will. I’ve got it just where I want it. Some days I move it up or down a bit if I’m laying way back in the chair. I think it looks great so far and the Ergotron stuff is built like a tank. I think it will be able to handle two 30” LCDs if I ever upgrade. I’m going to try and get a good night shot will the blue LED keyboard, mouse, speakers, remote and phone.
 
exe said:
The Ergotron 300 is the best arm, I have one and my 2405 is on the way. Don't get the cheaper Neoflex arm unless you don't mind not being able to adjust the monitor back and forth. On the 300 arm, there are many more options you can purchase. Such as, an extension arm (or two), groument and desk clamp mount or wall mount. You can also get multiple monitor mount on one arm etc.. just browse through the site and you will see the endless setups they have, it's comprehensive. Then go to Ebay and buy it for 1/2 price.


aye having owned the Ergotron 300 for the past 2 months its a class arm, bit hard to set up but very good, i nabbed mine from ebay.co.uk for around £50 it musta been me lucky day as they sell for around £300 in the uk


and jason very kewl get there mate
 
For those who own an ergotron 300, how easy is to move? Do you have to push a button or anything to adjust the position? How easy is it to change portrait/lanscape views?
 
I have a neo flex with the 2405. the arm swings, pretty well. pivoting up and down to adjust the height requires you to press in a certain place and it locks into set positions (so you don't have complete freedom). it rotates (for portrait/landscape) easily, but tilting is a bit stiff.

I think it's fine as long as you're just going to adjust the monitor into the position you want then pretty much leave it alone. if OTOH you're going to be constantly adjusting it (e.g., multi user enviroment), then you'll be better off getting something more $$$.


(I got the neoflex because I knew the standard stand wouldl leave the monitor too high for my taste. so I was looking for a stand replacement basically)
 
I have the neoflex too and was disappointed about the button. But like you said it's fine if you're not moving the monitor a lot. For my 2nd 2405 I'm going to be repositioning it a lot and would like something that moves with ease. From the intructions on the web site it looks like you just have to adjust the tension in the points of movement.Can an owner confirm this for the ergotron 300?
 
LiQuiD[EViL] said:
For those who own an ergotron 300, how easy is to move? Do you have to push a button or anything to adjust the position? How easy is it to change portrait/lanscape views?


the arm its self is hydrolic (dunno if spelt it right) and is very easy to adjust it you either increas or de decrease the friction of the arm an how it moves up or down, side ways or even spin from land scape mode to portrait easily. . its a 20 min install like it say on the manual and prolly another 5 mins in adjustments to suit you. for me to switch to portrait mode i push the screen up wards as in landscape the botom of the screen is thoching my desk. and just sorta twist it if you get what i mean.

also you may like to know you will need another person to help you screw in the vesa mount at the back of the dell 2405, dont try to juggle it alone
 
LxT said:
I have a neo flex with the 2405. the arm swings, pretty well. pivoting up and down to adjust the height requires you to press in a certain place and it locks into set positions (so you don't have complete freedom). it rotates (for portrait/landscape) easily, but tilting is a bit stiff.

I think it's fine as long as you're just going to adjust the monitor into the position you want then pretty much leave it alone. if OTOH you're going to be constantly adjusting it (e.g., multi user enviroment), then you'll be better off getting something more $$$.


(I got the neoflex because I knew the standard stand wouldl leave the monitor too high for my taste. so I was looking for a stand replacement basically)

LiQuiD[EViL] said:
I have the neoflex too and was disappointed about the button. But like you said it's fine if you're not moving the monitor a lot. For my 2nd 2405 I'm going to be repositioning it a lot and would like something that moves with ease. From the intructions on the web site it looks like you just have to adjust the tension in the points of movement.Can an owner confirm this for the ergotron 300?

A few questions for both of you.

1) Do you have the Neo-Flex with the extension (model number 45-174-300)
or the one without (model number 45-160-300)?

2) Other than straight up and down, are there any directions that are hard to adjust?

3) How sturdy does it feel?

4) Overall, how happy are you with it?

Thanks
 
anyone know of a good place to purchase this arm? ie.. a place thats reputable and has a decent price?
 
Back
Top