dispcal - where is contrast shown?

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
After creating a profile/calibration, where does it show me the contrast ratio...?

Does it show you your grayscale luminances? If so, then should be simple to calculate contrast ratio - just look at the Y value for level 100, and divide by the value for level 0.

can you link to the calibration report somehow?

also, you coudl just use HCFR and measuer your contrast ratio manually.

can you link to the calibration report somehow?

also, you coudl just use HCFR and measuer your contrast ratio manually.

HCFR, nice. 712:1 after, 784:1 before dispcal profile.
799:1 before profile, if I increase persistence some - but then it's too bright.

I'm a bit disappointed with how much blur this thing has. There's always a doubling; it's affected by overdrive, but impossible to kill. (pixperan)

Last edited:
I use dispcalGUI, after doing report on (un)calibrated display scroll down in the Log window and find the line: Contrast ratio = 4760:1

I can only guess that dispcal would generate the exact same report output.

If the measurement is from the Crossover 27QW with Plasma Deposition Coating (PDC), then the number is meaningless since PDC ruins the perceived black depth and the majority of monitors with PDC suffer from light bleed in at least 2 corners.

might be easiest to just use the free measure mode (green play button) and then load up the appropriate patterns on the display you want measured (you'll want a full black pattern and a full white pattern.

You want to read off the Y value (in cd/m2)

might be easiest to just use the free measure mode (green play button) and then load up the appropriate patterns on the display you want measured (you'll want a full black pattern and a full white pattern.

You want to read off the Y value (in cd/m2)

Thanks.

If the measurement is from the Crossover 27QW with Plasma Deposition Coating (PDC), then the number is meaningless since PDC ruins the perceived black depth and the majority of monitors with PDC suffer from light bleed in at least 2 corners.
i think i've mentioned before but a well designed ar coating would not result in any of these issues you see. whatever you expereince are specific to those specific monitors and shouldn't be generalized to saying "pdc/ar ruins perceived black depth". go look at an imac or an ipad air 2. they have a well designed ar coating that doesn't affect the image detrimentally at all.

Back