Disk Catalog Software / Backup Software

haileris

Limp Gawd
Hi

Does anyone use any disk catalog or backup software that accurately reports if online storage is backed up somewhere else - either on other online arrays or on offline media - external disk drives being the major one but tape drives would be a bonus?

I have a reasonable large primary media server and a secondary array with a bunch of external USB drives that I send offsite. I'm wanting to confirm that I have at least one copy of anything that resides on the primary server.

How do you do your backups? I use rsync, and just generate a log file for what gets backed up. When it fails, I get abnormal logs and know something's afoot.

Hi

Does anyone use any disk catalog or backup software that accurately reports if online storage is backed up somewhere else - either on other online arrays or on offline media - external disk drives being the major one but tape drives would be a bonus?

I have a reasonable large primary media server and a secondary array with a bunch of external USB drives that I send offsite. I'm wanting to confirm that I have at least one copy of anything that resides on the primary server.

I believe that Retrospect has an option for cloud backup. www.retrospect.com

Back