Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk.. New Build

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
My Specs: AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Brand new EPoX 8KRAI Pro VIA KT880
80GB EIDE
250GB SATA-I (storage)

I installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on the 80GB EIDE, everything boots fine
I connect my 250GB SATA, and I get the error during boot up "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". INserting a Windows XP boots the operating system fine. Any ideas why this is happening? I have tried messing with the boot order in the BIOs but no luck.

Also, forgot to mention, the INSERT BOOT DISK error only comes up wihen the first boot up device is CD-ROM. However, if I change to Floppy, it gives the error A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Check your "hard disk priority" in BIOS.
When you plugged in your 200GB drive it may have gone to the top of the list, superceding the drive with the OS on it.

I have tried changing the disk priorities. If I list my SATA drive as the first one, it gives me an error "NTLDR is missing, Press ctrl+alt+del to restart" Thanks for replying.

I think that you would want to have the 80g HDD listed as #1 and the sata as #2, also make sure that in your main page of the BIOS it is listed as the 80g is the primary and the SATA is the secondary, the reason thtat you get the NTLDR error is cuz there is no OS on the first drive it is looking for.

I have tried having the 80GB as the #1 too and it also gives the error "Disk read error, press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

Back