Whisperfang
Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 12, 2007
- Messages
- 860
Rummaging around under my bed i found my grandfather's (i live with him since he's 81) ancient 78rpm singles. After tossing out half of them due to physical damage i bought a turntable and digitized them all. Today i bought my first modern LP. Chinese Democracy from Guns 'n Roses. Regardless of how you think of the group, this LP is masterfully done. The sound quality even from my less than audiophile grade turntable is astonishing.
I've been forced to re-evaluate what i thought of analog audio. I've known for many years that quite a few people maintain that analog can sound better than digital under the correct circumstances. I believe that now. I don't have the CD version to compare this to, but it can't sound any better than this. It may be equal in that you couldn't tell the difference, but it can't be better. I am now in the process of trying to figure out what albums i want in vinyl. Some of Pink Floyd's stuff is at the top of my list. What else would you guys suggest? Nothing that is rare and expensive please, i am very limited on budget right now.
I've been forced to re-evaluate what i thought of analog audio. I've known for many years that quite a few people maintain that analog can sound better than digital under the correct circumstances. I believe that now. I don't have the CD version to compare this to, but it can't sound any better than this. It may be equal in that you couldn't tell the difference, but it can't be better. I am now in the process of trying to figure out what albums i want in vinyl. Some of Pink Floyd's stuff is at the top of my list. What else would you guys suggest? Nothing that is rare and expensive please, i am very limited on budget right now.