• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Disconnecting side fans?

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
13,000
I've disconnected my case's (Smilodon) side fan because I couldn't deal with the cold air being blown right at my leg.

Was this a terrible mistake? I still have three fans running, but from what I can tell, only the side fan is acting as an exhaust. I feel some air being blown outwards from my other fans, but I can't tell if they are truly exhaust.
 
Open your case and see which side of the fan has more air coming out, if you end up needing the side fan, make a cardboard duct to blow the air elsewhere.
 
I would have the side panel fan as an intake actually. See if you can flip the fan around and reconnect it to work that way. If you can't, it shouldn't be a problem to leave the side fans disconnected.
 
Back
Top