• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Discolored Tubing

Hinokagutsuchi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
371
I'm currently transplanting my system into a new case. In order to do so, I drained my WC set up, and when I did I noticed that the tubing was slightly discolored to a pinkish tone. The coolant[distilled water + Water Wetter] itself was almost clear.

I'm going to replace the coolant, but now I'm wondering if I need to replace the tubing. Aside from the pinkish tone, I noticed no other problems. No leaks or anything of that nature. This batch of tubing has been in use since late February/early March.

Also, what would be a recommended ratio for the water to water wetter? I think with this last batch I did one 7oz bottle of Water Wetter to one gallon of distilled water, but I'm not exactly sure. I may have just eyeballed it and gotten the water pink.
 
I say just replace the tubing, it's not very expensive, and use antifreeze instead of water wetter.
 
Yeah water wetter even stains tygon. It happened to me. I had better luck with antifreeze. The staining wasn't bad but it was noticable without any fluid in the tubing.
 
Does the antifreeze make that much of a difference? If it does, I'll switch over to that. I had planned to use the WW because I already have some of it here. Also, what would be the correct ratio of water to antifreeze to use?
 
Use the Tygon r-3603 tubing, seems to hold up the best and be the most flexible and stain resistant. Switching from Royal Purple's equivalent of water wetter, to water wetter, to KawiChem antifreeze made absolutely no diffrence in the temps of my system.

The Kawi chem stuff is cool though because it flouresces bright green in my CCFL lamps, and does a much better job then the others of preventing corrision and growth, and it also doesnt stain like water wetter.
 
Back
Top