• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Discolored pin contacts?

TheFoo

n00b
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
13
I bought a processor recently that had some discoloring of some pin contacts, while looking for processors on ebay I noticed another with similar discoloration.

I guess I'm just wondering if this is heat related, voltage, or just normal?

The darker area on mid-left side.

395109944_o.jpg
 
Maybe someone touched it? The oils on peoples skin will discolor metal.
 
I'd guess it's probably just some skin oil. Try cleaning with 99% isopropyl and see if it clears up.
 
I noticed this on my CPU too, don't know why but yeah I would think a fingerprint tarnished it a bit or something. Thing is in the back of my mind I thought these were gold contacts and gold doesn't tarnish...
 
i wouldnt be concerned about the mid-left, that is probably just regular tarnish as people said. what i was expecting to see from the thread title was something like the pad 9 rows up and 12 from the right side. that one has some good discoloration. i had a core2 e6600 that had a few pads like that (or even worse), i think it was from some condensation that may have built up when i was playing with some exotic cooling methods. the CPU still runs fine to this day, so i dont think its a huge problem.
 
Back
Top