Discerning the Difference in P67 Boards

Denamian

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
198
Hello there!

I'm working on a new PC build, and I've finally decided to make the jump to to Intel camp. The bulldozer was simply underwhelming. Anyway, before I get too far off track:

===

I'm going to be getting a 2600K

I've settled on an ASUS P67 board.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between the DELUXE (Rev 3.0) and the PRO (Rev 3.1).

I went to the ASUS website and used their comparison chart... only to find that there were literally only two (seemingly minute) differences.

==

In short:

Is there anything significantly better about the DELUXE that would compel me to spend the extra $60?


Other information:

  • CPU,GPU, DRAM will be overclocked.
  • Primary use is gaming, ancillary uses are occasional CAD and HD video compiling.

Thank you very much in advance!
 
Personally, I would skip the Asus P67 offerings. They had a lot of problems when they came out. If you want Asus, get a Z68 board (the P8Z68-V is a good choice), and if you want P67, get a Gigabyte or MSI. There is almost never a reason to get the Deluxe board, it is overpriced for what it offers, unless you have to have the extra connectivity (second LAN port, etc). If you really want the Asus P67, then get the PRO.
 
Thank you for your advice! I started looking into the Z68 boards as well.

I see two of them in approximately the same price point as the P67 offerings, so I guess my initial conundrum is essentially the same:

Does the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 do anything in particular to make it worth $30 more than the ASUS P8Z68-V?

As before, their specs seem very similar (other than the Pro having more SATAIII connections).

Thanks again! :)
 
The PRO adds 1394 Firewire support, and has 2 extra SATA 6GB ports provided by a Marvell controller. So if you need 1394, or more than 2 SATA 6GB ports, look at the PRO - otherwise, for most people, the vanilla -V is the right choice.
 
Back
Top