• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Disappointed with X-Fi

iRoNeTiK said:
is your music with 128bit (or 192 blah) mp3s or cds? Cuz mp3 suck on high end speakers. We have paradigm 7.1 speakers in my house and I play my mp3s on it..makes it sound like crap but sounds fine on my midrange pc speakers. But i guess there is a difference between 150 dollar pc speakers and 6000 dollar speakers lol.

what do you use besides MP3's? Or is it jsut the retail cd :p
 
And that's why we use FLAC and OGG...

BTW I have some HD580s... Very nice. Grados sound a lot more forward and bright than my HD580s, but I like them better with different types of music.
 
Forget mp3, FLAC or OGG just use .wav! :eek: Haha. Yah well those formats arent widely available on the net..unfortunately.

anyways, sucks about your x-fi experience.
 
iRoNeTiK said:
is your music with 128bit (or 192 blah) mp3s or cds? Cuz mp3 suck on high end speakers. We have paradigm 7.1 speakers in my house and I play my mp3s on it..makes it sound like crap but sounds fine on my midrange pc speakers. But i guess there is a difference between 150 dollar pc speakers and 6000 dollar speakers lol.

I challenge you to differentiate between a GOOD quality MP3, a FLAC, and an original CD...Even on your equipment. To prove a point if you're up for it I will prepare the files.

The music you choose should be something that you are very familiar with. Also, you need to have the original CD as I only have a very large store of MP3s of my own high quality standards.

You must then rip the album to the specifications at www.ubernet.org using the particular settings of Exact Audio Copy. Send me the original .wav file and I will transcode it to the various formats and let you do a blind ABC test. I'll burn it to a .iso file and let you burn the CD and test it blindly. Then tell me the track numbers that you think sounds best. I'll keep track of what format is each track number.

I am very confident of the mp3 standards talked about at ubernet.org and from experience they sound fenomenal.

Lets see how much of a golden ear you really have.
 
Yah..GOOD quality mp3...128 isnt that good. I always go for 192 or higher. I'm sure there are good quality 128 if you do it yourself, the right way like you say.
 
Back
Top