Disappearingg Steam games?

Corbin

Limp Gawd
Awhile back I noticed my tf2 had randomly uninstalled itself, yet it showed it had 7600mb or so disk space used up. I then took all day yesterday (only have 1.5mb dl) updating things because suddenly 5 or so things needed updating including the uninstalled tf2. After all this I went to bed. Didn't go on the comp this morning but now when I check my steam games folder it shows tf2 and HL2:EP2 uninstalled. WTF? Anyone know why this is happening? BTW HL2:EP2 is one of those games that "updated" yesterday.

It may just be a Steam thing. I've been having a problem with games continuously saying "download starting" or whatever and never actually downloading and I downloaded a Sim Bin demo that was crap that I can not uninstall through Steam.

Antivirus programs can cause this. Obviously, it wasn't uninstalled bc it was still taking up space. I'm not exactly sure how to fix it (google might help), but if you're lazy and just want to play, try just running the executable.

It's weird because HL2:EP2 randomly uninstalled itself. The only thing I can think of is taht a few days ago when my computer booted up there was this bios thing that said it was "checking the HD" or something and that it was recommended then there was this huge list of files that it was deleting or something like that. About then I turned off my computer with the power switch in the back not knowing what it was. Could that have anything to do with it?

Back