I just got three of these monitors and immediately upon connecting them, I noticed that video playback was horrendously choppy. My old monitors did not have this issue. Although I really couldn't find anyone with the same issue as me, I did find a review on TFTcentral which mentioned the Factory Menu, and one of the options was "overdrive," which is enabled by default.
Well, I followed the instructions to enter the menu and I managed to change the OD value to OFF. The reverse ghosting issue disappeared, and I was happy. However, it appears that if I turn off the monitor, the OD value resets to its default of ON. I need to know if there's any way to permanently disable this terrible setting. Otherwise, I was going to call Dell tomorrow to get a full refund.
There's not much info on this menu that I can find. I tried turning EDIDWP (write protect?) to OFF, but the OD setting still resets when I power off the panel. Too many of the other settings are cryptic. Also, I can turn off "ENERGY STAR," and that setting is persistent between power cycles.
This monitor is Revision A00 manufactured in October 2012.
Well, I followed the instructions to enter the menu and I managed to change the OD value to OFF. The reverse ghosting issue disappeared, and I was happy. However, it appears that if I turn off the monitor, the OD value resets to its default of ON. I need to know if there's any way to permanently disable this terrible setting. Otherwise, I was going to call Dell tomorrow to get a full refund.
There's not much info on this menu that I can find. I tried turning EDIDWP (write protect?) to OFF, but the OD setting still resets when I power off the panel. Too many of the other settings are cryptic. Also, I can turn off "ENERGY STAR," and that setting is persistent between power cycles.
This monitor is Revision A00 manufactured in October 2012.
Last edited: